From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when simulating an 8051 MCU in Multisim?

Hi,

I faced a problem when simulating a simple 8051 MCU circuit (blinking a LED)

The C-code is compiled successfully but when it is not linked.
Here is what is displayed in the result barre:

Multisim - Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 2:13:58 AM
--------------------------Building: Project: project1---------------------------
Note: -E compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Note: -O compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: -G compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: --ASMLIST compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: -P compiler option was not present. The assembler files will not be preprocessed for #include directives.
Warning: The --ERRFORMAT compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: The --WARNFORMAT compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: The --MSGFORMAT compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: -P compiler option was not present. The assembler files will not be preprocessed for #include directives.
Compiler results: 0 - Errors, 0 - Warnings
Linking...
Unable to find object file: D:\My Folder\Studies\Multisim\MCU Workspaces\MCU\project1\main_0.obj
Please help me!
thanks 😉

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,836 Views)

Hello el_maestro

What is the Multisim version are you running (Go to Help>>about Multisim)?

Did you use the tutorial below?

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5629/en/ (Microcontroller Unit Co-Simulation)

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,770 Views)

Hi David and thanks for replying me 🙂

The application version is: 14.0.0 (14.0.593)

Database version: 14.0.a

I followed the stapes one-by-one but it is the same. Also, when creating the project there is no Assembler Project file *.asm

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,764 Views)

Hello el_maestro

Let me share with you a link forum where you can find and ask question of the MCU specifically. Feel free to participate there.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Labs-Toolkits/NI-Multisim-Microchip-MCU-Co-Simulation-Beta/ta-p/3507206 (Forum)

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,729 Views)