0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(1,887 Views)

Error is right here

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,883 Views)

Ok,

So we've narrowed it down to the Initialize VI from the driver as the first source of errors within the VISA CLR primative. I found this link http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/874B379E24C0A0D686256FCF007A6EA0

that goes into details of why you receive Timeout Errors. Try to follow those instructions to see if any of those solutions work. This may be a long shot, but try to put a flat sequence structure after the open with a wait of 5000 (5 seconds) and pass the error wire and VISA Reference through the structure and out of structure to VISA Clear Error In and Reference In. Maybe it's not clearing the buffer in time.. Alternatively you could move the Timeout property node to directly after the VISA Open and see if that works..

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(1,873 Views)

Not working any of that, bad luck here.

But really thanks for the support

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(1,863 Views)

Last thing I can think of is to use MAX and open up a VISA session to it from there and try a *CLS command to see if MAX VISA session gives you that same error..

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(1,859 Views)

Chris,

Not working 😞

Any other opinion? Would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(1,829 Views)

Try opening a VISA session to the instrument in MAX, as before, sending *IDN? and then doing a read to see if you get something back.  You should get a string that identifies your equipment.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(1,812 Views)

Tomorrow i'll do in the lab.

After doing that, how i proceed?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(1,807 Views)

This is just to see if you are communicating at all with the instrument.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(1,797 Views)

Cris,

After modifying some blocks and adding timeout the problem still was there.

Because that, i decide to move on and replace the ethernet -> GPIB adapter from tektroniks and instead of install USB -> GPIB adapter.

Boom, everything worked.

Thanks for your help.

sh!t happens

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(1,753 Views)