From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading certain tiff images with IMAQ

Hi

Im making some code for analysing a lot of Tiff images from an FEI scanning electron microscope - and the Tiff files are not imported correctly by the IMAQ read file vi though it has Tiff import functionality and a lot of parameters that can be adjusted to fit various versions of tiff files. I have been trying all kinds of combinations of parameters, but always end up with a black and white image (0 or 255) in the 8 bit grey scale view - though the images a 8 bit greyscale and come out nively in all other image software like imageJ and irfanview etc... So it seems to me there is something funny going on in IMAQ read file -or did i miss some essential point in the little program attached here?

There also a sample image, but this website will not allow tif files to be uploaded so I renamed it to jpg - and then you'll have to rename it to tif to use it 🙂

Best regards

Kristian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,533 Views)

Hi Kristian,

As we discussed on the phone, use U16 or I16 as Image Type instead when reading the Image.

Cheers,

-----------------------------------------------------
Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
National Instruments Denmark
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,465 Views)

I have the exact same problem. LabVIEW either says the file type is not supported, or it does open the image but it reads and displays it as completely black. NI Vision assistant also opens the image as a black screen. The problem appears to be not just with LabVIEW, but with the code NI is using in multiple applications to read tiff images.

I tried the suggested solution of specifying the image type in IMAQ Create as I16 or U16 grayscale, but that didn't change the result.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,839 Views)