From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading Mirco Epsilon Laser signal

Hi,

I'm measuring displacements and forces synchronized with LabView. One displacement signal comes from a Micro-Epsilon laser and it works fine when I read only the laser signal or Laser + 2nd device. As soon as I add a third device the Laser signal collapses and shows no reaction on displacement changes. Also the zero value makes no sense. I have already reduced the laser sampling frequency from 2.5kHz to 650Hz, but the problem remains. Furthermore, the program has no difficulties to read 3 loadcell signals or other at once. Only the laser is causing problems.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem or can provide some support? I also attached the Labview file.

Quick help is appreciated!

Thanks

R.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,124 Views)

The output of the laser is Amps and the used card is SCXI-1308 (resistance card 249 Ohms) to covert the Amps to Volts. For the loadcell and other devices the SCXI -1314 is used. I just changed the laser output from Amps to Volts and used the SCXI -1314 for all signals, but the problem remained.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,114 Views)

I have not exactly found the problem, but the problem was found to be in the made measurement program. The "DAQmx create channel" blocks and other DAQ related blocks have been replaced with the "DAQ assistant" and now everything works. The problem that occurred before is still a mystery, I could not solve yet...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,102 Views)

A few things:

You should probably be using subVIs for your case structures.  They look nearly identical and once they're converted to subVIs, they should be easier to debug and find out if there are any code or wiring differences.

You should add a Wait in your loop where you're polling your boolean buttons.

You might also consider using a state machine rather than the linear sequence that you're using now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,091 Views)