From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem loading LabVIEW examples: "An error occurred - The NI System Web Server is not running."

Solved!
Go to solution

On one of my computers, whenever I try to load any LabVIEW example, it won't load and I get that message. It works on all other computers.

How do I figure out what's wrong on the one computer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmihura

OK I got it; the trick is learning how to search this forum with the right combination of magic words, and it can take quite a few tries; the fewer words the better it seems. The magic words combination "NI System Web Server" showed me to go to the Control Panel >> Programs and repair LabVIEW; problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,203 Views)

I am having the same problem.  In the control panel>>programs there is no option to repair LabVIEW.  How do I repair LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,045 Views)

You have to find the place where you uninstall programs, and it varies per operating system. Once you're there in whatever operating system, you can't just look for LabVIEW, you have to look for National Instruments which is a folder, then LabVIEW is under there.

If you're in Windows 7, hit the Windows key. In the "Search programs and files" box type "Uninstall" and click the "Uninstall a program" link. At this point, don't hunt for LabVIEW but for "National Instruments Software". Click that, and you should see a "Repair" button.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,037 Views)

Hi,

Same problem goes to me. Smiley Sad

I were repaired the labview 2013 (32bit) coz my win7 OS in 32 bit.

Method

Control Panel >> Uninstall Program >> National Instrument Software >> Select Labview 2013 (32bit) and click repair.

While i opened my previous version of the LV, I was found that my LV 2011, LV 2012 also had the problem of this after i install the LV 2013.

Before i installed the LV 2013, i could open the example program.

The LV2011 and LV2012 are licenced but LV2013 is evaluation.

2 times i were tried by repairing the LV.

Pls help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,732 Views)

Hi C@E,

Have you installed the latest patches for LabVIEW 2013?  There may be a fix for the issue you are experiencing in the latest patches.  Additionally, if the System Web Server is not running, you can check this by going to your Windows Services and ensuring it is started.  In Windows 7, you can click Start and type services, then press enter.  This will bring up the Windows services window.  The NI System Web Server is located under the Local category.  

Also, this thread is rather old and it may benefit you to start a new thread that more people will be able to see and help with.  If you are still having issues after updating and trying the suggestion above, I would recommend creating a new topic for discussion that people will get a chance to help with! 

| Zach J. | Systems Engineer, HIL and Test Cells | National Instruments |
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,715 Views)

Hi BluesKnight,

Thanks. I just finished downloading the patches for LV13. 

Im worried if the 32bit OS is the cause of this issue.

I were tried to start the NI System Web Server, then this message appeared.

error 1.png

Ill try with your suggestion.

Tqvm.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,707 Views)

Hi all,

Problem solved when you install the LV2013 f2 patch.

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2013/4406/en/

Tqvm.

Message 8 of 8
(4,697 Views)