cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing LabView 2019 SP on Linux

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to install LabVIEW for the first time on my Linux PC by following the instructions from the readme.txt. When I'm starting the installation, I am able to agree to the Software License Agreement, but after that, the installation program cannot continue. This is the error I'm recieving:

NOTE: LabVIEW will install by default in /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2019-64, or
in the natinst/LabVIEW-2019-64 subdirectory if you specify an alternate location.

Preparing for installation...
Please indicate whether you would like to install the following components:

/mnt/lv2019SP1/bin/rpmq: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is it a common problem, does anyone know, how to deal with it?

I have to say, that I'm not a Linux pro and I haven't found this problem as a known issue on the helpdesk. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and I tried to install both 2019 SP Full and 2019 SP Professional, getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,073 Views)

I've seen mention of installation on RedHat Linux.  I've looked to see if (modern) Ubuntu is mentioned, but haven't found it.  If it does not seem to install, there's a possibility that LabVIEW won't run on Ubuntu.  See what you can find by doing a (more) extensive Web Search.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,012 Views)

Okay, I feared it but I hoped, that there might be a possibility to get it working anyway. I couldn't neither find any information about the supported Linux Versions nor further informations about LabVIEW 2019 working on Ubuntu generally. But as you said it might only work on specific Linux operating systems like RedHatLinux, I don't know. So I will continue my web search.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,006 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kasi.

Hi Kasi, my company is running LabVIEW 2019 on Ubuntu and Mint. We've been able to install LV by manually installing libbz2 first, as LV seems to expect this 32-bit library is already installed.

sudo apt-get install libbz2-1.0:i386

Message 4 of 6
(2,985 Views)

Hey Shansen,

thank you, it finally worked!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,960 Views)

I'm running into the same issues and manually installed libbz2 as you recommended.  I forget the error message before and remember it to be slightly different than what I see now, but here is what I'm getting now:

Preparing for installation...
Please indicate whether you would like to install the following components:

/media/snyder_admin/2021LVLinPro/bin/rpmq: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I did make sure that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is pointing to the location of the .so.  Beyond that I am at a loss.  Any ideas from anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,925 Views)