LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Circuit Design Suite

I'm trying to install the Circuit Design Suite10.1.1 on to a 64-bit Wnidows 7 Enterprise installation. Right after the installer has me specify the destination directory, I get the following error:

***Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error Code -12)

***End Error Report

When I close that error, the installer closes. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? I've seen that error reported on the boards here, but in other circumstances.

Additional information:

Along with Circuit Design, I'm also installing ELVISmx 4.1.0. There are no other NI products installed on this machine. Let me know whatother info I should provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,412 Views)

Ummm.... what does this have to do with LabVIEW?

Not knowing anything about that product, other than it's for schematic capture, I'd say you are having the same problem that others who have tried to install older versions of LabVIEW on Windows 7 are having: Windows SDK Error (-12) when Installing LabVIEW on Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,409 Views)
Hmm... I seem to have posted this in the wrong forum - could have sworn I was in the Circuit Design forum. Guess I'm an idiot...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,404 Views)

No, you're not an idiot. Sometimes the forum software acts a little flaky and places posts in the wrong forum. It's probably the way they're managing the session state, or something like that.

Regardless, the reason is most likely the same as with LabVIEW, so try what it says in the KB article. You should also verify if the version you have is Windows 7 compatible. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,394 Views)