LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in starting Citadel services.

Hi all,
I am using LabVIEW 6i. I have just statrt using LV DSC toolkit. After installation of DSC it shows error before PC starts. Error is
"LKCITDL.exe
LKDYNAM.dll:VDTSTARTForamts" and after that when i start LV it shows Citadel service fail to start.

If any know how to correct this please let me know.

Thanking you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,232 Views)
Hi,

Most likly you have installed as well DIAdem 8 or LabVIEW 6.1. With those two installations you update some LabVIEW DSC system DLLs but not the system services. This gives the conflict you see on start up of the services that uses the DLLs.

On the LabVIEW 6.1 CD you will find a folder Logos and a full installer of the latest LabVIEW DSC services (see as well readme file on LV 6.1 CD). If you have DIAdem 8 you would need to download the latest Logos from our Drivers & Updates site.

The full Logos installer 4.4 will update the system DLL and the system services to the same version and you should not get any error anymore.

Hope this helps
Roland
PS: Go to www.ni.com>>Support>Product Reference>Drivers and Updates>Search Driver and Updates>TYPE Logo
s
Message 2 of 4
(4,232 Views)
Hi Roli,
Thanks for the reply. But let me tell you that I am using LabVIEW 6i not LabVIEW 6.1 and also I don't have DIADem.
Please suggest what to do?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,232 Views)
Vishal,
I would still install the Logos version 4.4. Make sure all the lk*.exe and lk*.dll in the system directory will have the version 4.4 afterwards.
If you start with LabVIEW 6i and LabVIEW DSC 6 I would highly recommend an upgrade at least to LabVIEW 6.0.2 and DSC 6.0.2. This upgrade is free. If you start a project I would do it with LabVIEW 6.1 and DSC 6.1.

Anyhow, I hope the reinstallation of Logos 4.4 solves your issue.

Roland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,232 Views)