LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in getting attributes of Basler Gige camera in NI MAX

I am creating an installer containing a exe. the exe file contains VIs in which some IMAQdx vis are used. I am using a Basler SCA 640gm camera. I am using LabVIEW 2018 to create the source code. On the target computer, the camera is being detected, but no image is displayed. The NI MAX on the target computer is detecting the camera, but not showing any of the camera attribute, acquisition attribute, etc. Even it is not showing the option to snap or grab the image.

The target computer has below-mentioned software.

1. NI IMAQdx and IMAQ runtime

2. GigE high-performance driver

3. LabVIEW runtime

4. Vision acquisition and development module

I searched for XML file. It is there on the documents folder.

Also verified that all the drivers are updated.

I searched for some of the docs on the forum. But none of the suggestion is solving my issue.

Please suggest something to run the installer and enable the grabbing of the image through GigE camera.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,367 Views)

Have you read NI's Application Note for GigE Cameras?  Among other things it notes you should use a Gigabit Ethernet card and connect via a 1000-BaseT network drop (and appropriate Cat-6 Cables).

Basler has no camera called SCA 640gm.  The SCA 640m-70gm says it is both GenICam and GigE Vision compatible, so the GigE Driver should work with MAX.  You can also try the steps in this NI Tutorial.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,349 Views)

I have already been through all the suggested documents.

Yes, I am using compatible cables and my card is high end.

In step-2 of the NI tutorial, it should show the attrbutes by default.

There only does the problem arise.

After completing all the previous steps, when I am coming to step-2, it is just showing the camera but no attrbutes are displayed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,342 Views)

How about posting the equivalent of Figure 3?  I still don't know what Camera you are using ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,332 Views)