LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Unicode conversion

The HEX value of ’ (RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK) is displayed as 2019/1920 in String Controller when the same HEX Value (2019/1920) is converted back to Normal Display which is displaying as   below imageUnicode.png

want to convert 1920/2019 as ’ which needs to be saved in excel as same format

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,052 Views)

I wish you had attached a VI so we can see what is happening on the block diagram.

Are you claiming there is a bug?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,022 Views)

Entering unicode strings from the front panel seems to be a bit buggy.

But when you send unicode strings to an indicator's block diagram terminal, it seems to work OK.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,005 Views)

Hello Ravesns,

Its Just an Front panel,

Assume I have a Front Panel with string control and i paste my String ’ (Right Single Quotation Mark) in normal display and i convert it to hex display which shows 1920, Assume if i have a another string control with hex display and i type the hex value as 1920 and then i convert back to normal display i am expecting to get ’ (Right Single Quotation Mark) but actual result i got is displayed in the above attached image.

My Ultimate goal is to convert  "GIGOT D\u2019AGNEAU" as GIGOT D’AGNEAU where the unicode conversion of 2019 is ’ (Right Single Quotation Mark)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,983 Views)

When you paste your string U2019 in a LabView control, you force InterpretAsUnicode to be ON and the string display is unicode (automatically converted in UTF16LE).

From http://forums.ni.com/t5/Reference-Design-Content/LabVIEW-Unicode-Programming-Tools/ta-p/3493021

Note: The state of the InterpretAsUnicode property of a string element may be changed dynamically if text is pasted or entered into the text element by the user. The display mode (InterpretAsUnicode) of the text element will automatically adapt to Unicode or ASCII depending on the type of text entered into the control.

•    If you paste a Unicode string into a text element the InterpretAsUnicode property is turned on.

•    If you paste a regular ASCII string into a text element the InterpretAsUnicode property is turned off.

When you enter x19 and x20 in an another string, by default it is ASCII and InterpretAsUnicode is OFF.  What you see on the normal display is two characters:  the first one is x19 (non printable) and x20 (space).

Now, for your GIGOT D'AGNEAU (cuit ou trop cuit), I need more precision

Message 5 of 5
(2,963 Views)