LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Reading serial port Data from an Excel File

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to read serial port and save its data to excel file. I have successfully read the data and saved it into the excel file but when i tried to open it. It is giving warning message "The fle is in different format". I dont know it is saving in pdu file format. kindly reply me how to read data in excel file. Concerned VI is attached

Regards,

Rizi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,093 Views)

could you pls down convert VI to 8.6 and attach it for me

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,092 Views)

Hi Dear,

File for 8.6 version is attached...

Plz if u find any solution try to send me as soon as possible i am badly struck in this problem.

Regards,

Rizi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,089 Views)

The Write to Spreadsheet File does not create Excel workbooks. It creates delimited text files. If it's formatted properly then you should be able to open the file using Excel. Did you take a look at the file in a text editor? Note that just using .xls as the extension does not magically change it to an Excel workbook. If you truly need to create an Excel workbook then you need to either buy the Report Generation Toolkit, or use ActiveX directly to control Excel. You can find a lot of examples on how to do the latter in the Excel thread. NOTE: DO NOT POST QUESTIONS in the Excel thread. It is a thread for links only.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,086 Views)

What Smercurio said is perfectly right, but you just get a warning, your data is in the file why do you need to worry. If you want excel then follow the things what Smercurio suggested.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,079 Views)

Hello

I am also trying to do this but i am also facing problem in writing data in excel file...My program always print ###### instead of writing values coming from serial port....kindly help me...its urgent...my program is attached...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,065 Views)

Have you tried expanding the width of the column in Excel?  ##### is a sign that the data is wider than the column width you allocated for it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,061 Views)