LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Calling Sub VI remotely from a main VI in a Web Browser.

Hi i am Calling Sub VI remotely from a main VI in a Web Browser.

My task details:

I my project i am fechting data from a MySQL data base and storing in a table on the main VI front panel.For User help i am calling a sub VI front panel which is consisting of a progress bar and percentage indicator.It indicates the user that the data is loading from the DB.The main purpus of a subVI is to make the GUI more user friendly..by displaying the SubVI front panel until whole data is loaded into the table and closing Immediately after load complete.

What i did? 

To call a SUB VI i just right clicked on the subVI icon on the main VI >> SubVI node setup>> Show front panel when called.

In main VI Execution property i have seected Preallocated clone reentrant execution

In Sub VI Execution property i have seected Non- reentrant execution.

If i select Preallocated clone reentrant execution in Sub VI while calling sub VI i am getting warning message saying subVI front panel cannot be controlled remotely.

Promblem I am facing:

It is working perfect in a server machine(as a stand alone) but when i call the same VI or application in remote system i abserved two issues

1.  When i call a sub VI every time the front panel is coming in both server and client machine.I want the subVI panel to display only in the client machine, other wise the user sitting in front of the server will be confused by seeing many popups(SubVIs) in his system.

2. When one client is calling a SubVI, the other user should wait until the the sub vi displayed and closed in the 1st client.Means the simultaniously more than one client cant access the SubVI.In this case i can access the main VI simultaniously but not the SubVI.

Please give me the solution.It wil be very helpful for me.Thank You in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Gundappa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,106 Views)