LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem extracting value from reference

Hi all,

I have a main VI where the user specifies a range for acquiring data. These values are then passed to a subVI which iterates a loop an according number of times. I have created a reference in the subVI which passes the position of the data acquisition in the range specified as I want to provide a progress bar which would be calculated as (max value - current value)/(maxvalue - minvalue).

I created an indicator to show the current value on the main VI which is related to the reference I created and when I run the main VI I can see this value changing correctly. The problem is that I cannot find a way to wire this value into the formula above. I tried changing the indicator to a control, but the value is not passed.

I have attached my code along with the subVIs to illustrate the problem. Current Frequency A increments correctly on the screen whereas Current Frequency B stays constant. I have also tried using local variables, property nodes and an OpenVIReference Node but none of these solve the problem.

I'm sure this must be possible so if somebody could tell me the correct way to go about it then that would be much appreciated 🙂

Many thanks,

Ian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,054 Views)

No worries - I managed to solve my own problem.

I realised if I did the calculation and created the progress bar on the subVI and made the reference straight to that then it wouldn't required the need to bring a wire from the reference.

Still, I'd be intrigued to know if I could've done it the other way tho...

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,041 Views)