LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem changing number of columns in a multicolumn listbox

There seems to be an issue setting the number of columns for a multicolumn listbox in LabVIEW 2011 when row headers are visible.  To recreate:

1. Create a new VI.

2. Add a multicolumn listbox to the front panel (control theme doesn't matter).

2. Make the row headers visible.

3. Open the properties dialog. 

4. Click on the Column field's increment button. Instead of incrementing the number of columns, the number increments and immediately returns to its previous value.  The control width changes so that the rightmost column is fully visible.

6. Click on the Column field's decrement button.  Instead of decrementing the number of columns, the number of columns decreases by two.

7. Enter a number in the Column field.  The control width changes to make one fewer columns visible than the number of columns entered, and the field value changes to one fewer than the value entered.

This issue appears to affect all of the control themes in LabVIEW 2011.  It does not appear to be present in LabVIEW 8.6.1.  I haven't tried with 2009 or 2010.

Mark Moss

Electrical Validation Engr.

GHSP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,059 Views)

Hi Mark,

I can recreate the problem on my German LV2011. You better write a bug report to NI and ask for a CAR id...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,048 Views)

I'm able to replicate this same issue in LV 2011 and also LV 2010. Keep an eye on this post for a CAR # if it turns out to truely be a development problem. In the mean time, expanding the actual multicolumn listbox using the cursor seems to work fine as a workaround.

Be sure to post if you have more serious problems associated with this issue.

Chris G

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,033 Views)