From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about Microsoft.Research.Kinect.dll when use Kinect

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect Microsoft Kinect and LabView follow this tutorial http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6504#0requirements

I'm using LabView 2010, Vision 2010, OpenNI and PrimeSense. However when I opened the project follow the tutorial above, the notice about Microsoft.Research.Kinect.dll appeared (I added the screen below). If possible, please consider it and help me overcome this problem

Thank you for any insight

I'm looking forward to hearing from you

Mina.

---Let it works---
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,724 Views)

I think there is a similar post about this problem here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Using-the-Microsoft-Kinect-for-Position-Tracking-in-LabVIEW/m-p/1738...

It looks like you may be on a different version of SDK than the example program you're trying to run, which was written using Kinect's SDK version 1.0.0.11.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,709 Views)

Thank you so much for your help,

However when I tried to run program, the notice like this appeared (I attached screenshot below) So I wonder whether the error didn't come from the conflict of version of SKD problem. In addition, I'm using window xp, is it suitable for this project?

Please let me know if any clarification is needed of my issue.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Mina

---Let it works---
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,702 Views)

I still believe that error is caused by the fact that you're system was not able to find the correct .dll, as your original post indicated. My guess is that the file path to the .dll changed with the newer version of SDK. 

The constructor node that is throwing the error actually references the missing file. You can try to change the reference of that constructor node to where the .dll is on your machine or you can try and set up the older version of SDK. 

Either one should get you up and running. (look at step one under troubleshooting on the example page you linked)

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,686 Views)

Thank you so much for your help

I will install the older version of SDK and try to operate this tutorial again. Unfortunately I am using window xp, so I have to change to window 7.

Thank you so much.

Mina

---Let it works---
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,669 Views)

I think that problem is that you are working with the set of tools for microsoft Kinect while those of OpenNI, this can generate a conflict, I have understood you need to uninstall one to work with others, check out this link

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openni-dev/Is0SvI2pfp4%5B1-25-false%5D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,292 Views)