LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Printing Front Panel

I'm having a problem printing the front panel of a particular VI.  When I set the print option to Standard Printing the printer prints nothing.  When set to Bitmap Printing it works, but it's not the type of printout that I want.  In both cases the Print Preview appears the same.  Also, all my other VI's print in Standard Printing mode with no problems.

I've read other posts indicating that the cause may be that the VI is sending a print code to the printer telling it not to print.  How can I determine if this is the case?  If it is the case, how do I fix it?  This VI's front panel has nothing special about it relative to other VI's that print correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,615 Views)
Are you printing programatically, or manually (thru code, or thru the menus)?
Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

LinkedIn

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,614 Views)
I have the same problem both ways.  Programatically I'm using "Easy Print VI Panel or Documentation.VI"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,608 Views)
If it happens using the menu, then it's not that your code sends a "do not print" action to the printer.

Try copying front panel items, one or two at a time, from your wonky VI to a new VI, and print the new VI after every move.

Maybe you can find one item that causes it. If you're on a Mac, print it to a PDF file, and see if that's OK. If you're on Windows, you can use Print2PDF or something similar to act like a printer and show you what the printout would be.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

LinkedIn

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,604 Views)
Thanks for the quick responses Coastal.  I'll give it a try.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,595 Views)