cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem In reading Spectrum

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello All
  I am using spectrum analyzer from R&S FSP 03, and its drivers RsSpecAn to read data from spectrum analyzer on my PC. I am also using Agilent GPIB 82357B. 
  I have used examples given by you. But i am facing problem like if manually i set stop freq=3Mhz, resolution BW=10khz, video BW=100Khz, sweet time=1s, and run labview code to read it on PC i always get just one values i.e stop Freq=3Ghz, Resolution BW=3 Mhz, Video BW=10Mhz. 
  I am not getting problem why it always shows these values when i run the program. And The screen remains blank after reading(i.e dark). It should come to its automatic state. But its not coming. 
  I am sending my code please check and let me know the solutions. I will be very thankful to you all
Pallavi 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,166 Views)

Pallavi,

While I don't have an answer for you, I can tell you that I see the same "staying blank" behavior with R&S FSUP SSAs on _some_ PCs.  I even wrote a small VI using the direct GPIB VI (instead of the R&S ones) that just commands the instrument to go to local, but it simply doesn't work.  Since the instrument works properly otherwise and users can always use the front panel local button, I gave up on it.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,156 Views)

Hello All,

I have just time to solve this problem till wednesday... anyone knows the solution to this problem???? I will be very thankful to u all....

pallavi 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,137 Views)

I have not used this instrument but I gave a look at the driver. I got immediately lost with all of their (R&S) express VIs and their 'Attribute based design'. As you surely noted when you downloaded it, the 'you' that wrote the driver and provided the examples is R&S. I would recomend that you immediately contact them about their code.

You may get lucky here and find a user that has used the instrument but in the meantime, you can use NI-Spy tp capture the actuall commands being sent to the instrument. Try comparing those to the commands and descriptions in the instrument manual. You can send the same commands in MAX and experiment with them to what works and what does not.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,123 Views)

@ Dennis,

I have sent them my code already and asked but....., so lets see... I am hurry as i need to show output till Wednesday so. All this code intialise some fixed values to spectrum 1st and then read that values only. I searched lot on net but no solution uptill now... If any thing i will let u know... thanks so much...

Pallavi 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,108 Views)

Hello All,

Is this problem due to the version i am using in my drivers is the latest one and the firmware versionof spectrum analyzer is 4.2?????????

Pallavi  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,070 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sim5

@SynergyMike,

I got the solution to the problem.... The initialize Vi at the start in that one has to keep reset value false therefore it remains blank and read only one value... Just try it....

Thanks so much everyone....

Pallavi 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,054 Views)