LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Error 1097 when using OceanOptics Spectrometer with LabVIEW 2012(32b)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I run into a problem while trying to get USB650 Red Tide Spectrometer working with LabVIEW 2012. I've found official tutorial from OceanOptics (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT5C43D3rRA) on YT and followed it, thus creating a VI exactly the same as shown in the example. However, my VI responds with 1097 error after clicking the run button. I've also attached screenshots of mentioned the error and the VI. I am using Win7 64-bit, LabVIEW 2012 (but I have also 2018 version installed, both 32-bit) and the newest version of OmniDriover from OceanOptics.

Thanks for help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,546 Views)

So you have a 1097 error and think you did everything exactly as in the document. But you only attach the VI that calls your subVIs, not the subVIs itself! The document may be wrong, or it may be right but was created for 32 bit LabVIEW and ignoring specifics about 64 bit.

Attach the subVIs too AND at least the header file for the DLL, better even if you can add the API documentation for that DLL.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,500 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ragn

Hi Ragn,

First of all - try to run your LabVIEW as administrator!

Check this forum post: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Ocean-Optics-USB4000-Spectrometer/td-p/550550/page/23

This will not directly answer your question, but can help with troubleshooting. 

You can find multiple similar issues with omnidriver, could you please try one thing (if this does not limit you anyhow):

1. Istall Labview 64 bit.
2. Re-write the .vi as on YouTube. 
3. Use the OmniDriver64.dll for all the wrappers so on and set as 'run in any thread' in properties of Call Library Function Node. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Patrik
CTA, CLA
Helping (sharing) is caring!

If the post was helpful - Kudo it.
If the post answered your question - Mark it as Solution.
Message 3 of 4
(2,488 Views)

Thank you very much! It works - nice and smoothly. Please, consider this as resolved.

Regards

Fedor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,464 Views)