cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probe watch window missing?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been working on a system with LabVIEW 2013 installed. It was all working fine then one day I decided I needed some files that I had saved in a newer version (2014). So I downloaded the current version of LabVIEW (2015) and installed it. Opened the files, saved for previous etc etc.

All went fine until I tried to use the Probe Watch Window back in LabVIEW 2013. It "opens" but is just a ghost window, as in you can't see it! It appears there when I hover over the LabVIEW windows in the task bar, but only as a title of what it is. You can't actually see the probe watch window. It's just disappeared...

Anyone had this before?

I've uninstalled 2015, hoping that was conflicting with it but the probe watch window is still hiding.

Any other solutions aside from re-installing 2013? Don't have admin rights on my system so trying to avoid going back to IT as much as possible...

Many thanks,

Olly

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olly85

Has it just appeared offscreen for some reason? Can you try to move/resize/maximise it from task manager?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 6
(4,089 Views)

Thank you!!!

That hasn't completely fixed it, but good enough...

So, it seems it was somehow hidden and when I "maximise" it then I can see it again. I can't however display it normally (i.e. so it's not taking the whole screen up). When it is minimised it just shows the title bar now and will only expand to the side and not up or down.

Something funky is still going on, but it's good enough to use so that is all I need!

Just right clicked, and selected "size". It has now allowed me to drag it down and see the window "minimised". Brilliant!!

What a strange thing for LabVIEW to do...

Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 6
(4,081 Views)

If the window is really there, but just off screen (can sometimes happen if you have multiple monitors and you disconnect one), you can usually get it back if it has focus and then you use the Windows key with an arrow key (left or right), which moves the window with focus. If you add shift it moves it completely between screens.

(4,069 Views)

Once you've got it maximised, just click and drag the title bar down to restore it back to its original size but you can position it somewhere when you can see it!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,061 Views)

Just had this exact same problem. Window not visible, maximized it and demaximized - only title bar visible and no means of changing the size by mouse.

Use right click on title bar or task bar symbol and chose Resize (or similar, have a German Windows here) - the arrows at the edges of the titlebar reappeard and I could return the probe window to a "normal" state.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,159 Views)