From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probe not executing in running VI

Hi, I have some VI (not all) of an RT project on C-RIO 9014 that are correctly running and updating the front panel indicator: but if I set a probe on that indicator wire the prove value is "not executed".

This happens on every wire of the VI.

The execution properties obviously allow debugging, I could not manage to get out the difference between theese VI's and the companions in the project correctly working.

thanks,

Vittorio 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,275 Views)

Hi Vittorio,

probes tend to not working correctly when using them on RT VIs. I usually have problems when probing array wires...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,265 Views)

Hi GerdW,

my probe problem is related to the VI not to the type, cause on the same RT project few VIs has not working probes (every wire),  and in other VIs probes work fine.

Vittorio 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,248 Views)

Hi Vittorio,

Check in VI Properties the Reentrant Execution check box. this should not be check mark.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,239 Views)

Hi,

I also have the same problem and I have nonreentrant execution in my propertis but still the probe shows that program is not executed though the values are updated and changing! Any help is appreciated.

BR,

Sami

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,874 Views)

The VI is running in the Real Time part of the cRIO and not the FPGA?

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,871 Views)

@Sami88 wrote:

Hi,

I also have the same problem and I have nonreentrant execution in my propertis but still the probe shows that program is not executed though the values are updated and changing! Any help is appreciated.

BR,

Sami

Please start a new thread for your issue. Aslo show us the code and tell where exactly you are facing the problem.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,864 Views)

The VI is running in the FPGA part. Actually I am using the C-RIO 9024 and trying to use the 9505 module for closed loop speed control example with minor modifications.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,823 Views)

I don't believe probes work for FPGA code running on the FPGA target, only if the target is set to 'Execute VI on Development Computer with Simulated IO', but this doesn't help much if the effort to simulate the external hardware is too high.

To debug FPGA code on the FPGA target, I use registers instead of probes and read them on the RT side for display. Registers use less resources than FPGA indicators.

Richard.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,811 Views)