LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probe Watch Window representation

Hi,

During debugging, I'm often using the Probe Watch Window.

Is there a way to configure the Value so it will show the data on Hex representation instead of sign representation (for example, if the data is 0x"A1", I want to see "A1" and not "-95" as currently shows (161 in decimal will be good too))

Thanks,

Idan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,783 Views)

A "Conditional Probe" will do the job.  But: As I see, conditional probes are not available for all numeric data types.

Maybe tou want to create a custom probe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,781 Views)

As suggested, you can simply create a custom probe and set the Visible Items>>Radix option on the control in the probe. This will allow you to change the representation.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/creating_custom_probes/

Note that this can't be done automatically, because the representation isn't something which is part of the data, but just a way of viewing the data, so there's no way to automatically determine it. You could theoretically write code which will look at the diagram where the probe, find the source of the wire and use the representation of the source if it's a control, but it's probably not worth it.

If you want to do this a lot and want to create something which is easier than clicking the small radix box each time, you can also write code which will do this programatically inside the probe.