LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing the front panel only prints the one page full.

Munch here,

I am trying to print the front panel of a VI.  The panel is about a page and a half long, with a vertical scroll bar.  I can either print the whole thing shrunk down into one page (so that the graphs do not appear correctly due to print resolution) or I can print it the correct size so that the lower half is cut off.  I have tried using the "print reports" VI setup to output an HTML document and then opened it with a browser.  The browser window shows the entire front panel (just how I want to print it), but when I do a print preview or print on any printer, it still wants to cut off the lower half (the page says "Page 1 of 1").  I would prefer not to have to make an entirely new VI formatting the graphics into a different format for printing.  It would be ideal if there were a page-break line or something that I could add to the front panel and separate the pages right where I want.

This seems like a pretty simple problem.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,786 Views)
Unfortunately there is no "page break" function so your best solution might be to use the report generation VIs to generate a printout using images of the graphics on the front panel.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,778 Views)
How might I do that?  What VIs could I use?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,749 Views)
You use the report generation VIs. Specifically the VI Append Control Image to Report.vi is the one that will capture the control image and print it as part of the report. These VIs should have a menu on the popup function menu, but in case you have trouble locating them, they are located in: <labview>:\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 4
(2,742 Views)