LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing improvement

Im trying to print an image(JPEG) from a given Path by the user, I want to generate an output log file that contains (Start of printing job,size of print data ,error's if any and print time,..) Which function can do that?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,410 Views)

You can use Windows API function to control 'print function' and write small code to log all details.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4935

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,408 Views)

Is ther any Tutorial about how to Use or editing in this Program?
thanks for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,366 Views)

Are you asking about LabVIEW I'd recommend looking at the manuals if you are new to LabVIEW programming. 

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,341 Views)

I'm asking about the same Topic(printing improvement),I don't know how to use the windows API Function.

I have attached My code(get a specific picture from the user and it print it with the default printer with recording Estimated print time ,ink thickness and if there is any error a led should light up).

I have some problems,
first,when I try to do "a paper jam or no paper" in the Printer tray the Led should light up,but it don't

also the second prompt that come up i want it to wait for the printer to print first job then it pop up("Insert The paper Manually in the printer tray If you wish to continue")
another Is there a way Labview can open another program within my code (like opening a program called "IrfanView" to view & edit the picture)

Last, I want to record every single step at a report like if there is an error with a paper jam,size of print data..etc. And save it like a log file, I should do it manually like you can see it at the code or there is a better way?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,321 Views)

Sorry,but no one can help me with this? Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,288 Views)