LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing acquired data in real time??

Hello,

I am working on a project in which i am acquiring signals from a machine using NI DAQmx. I am using Labview 8.0 version. I would be highly obliged if anyone could tell  me how to get the acquired data printed in real time. Either in potrait mode or in landscape. 

Thankful Regards

Nitzy..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,824 Views)
Real-time printing is kind of an oxymoron. What exactly do you mean and what is it that you want to print - graph, table, indicator, something else? Have you looked at any of report functions and the examples?
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 05-22-2009 08:40 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,807 Views)

How often do you want to print?

And as Dennis correctly asked, what do you want to print?

A screenshot? A graph? A table?

You could be using up a LOT of paper if you print a new page every time your loop iterates.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,782 Views)
Well, first you have to get yourself a really fast printer ... that's going to be your limiting factor. 
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 4 of 10
(2,771 Views)

hello,

Sorry that i was not clear with my statement. I am acquiring ECG signals and i need to get the graph printouts in real time continuously.. I tried some VIs in the report generation but they are giving the print out only for a single segment, not continuously.. I hope this time my information is not incomplete.

Hoping for a positive response..

Regards,

Nitzy 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,759 Views)

No, I'm still a little unclear. Do you wish to print the entire graph repeatedly or do you want something like a strip printer? For strip printing, you of course need to find a printer that will do that and probably use the low level printer commands. The standard windows printer driver will print a page at a time.

If you want to use a strip printer, you should provide the make and model of printer.

Message 6 of 10
(2,749 Views)

Hi,

The information you have provided was very helpful for me. Thank you for your help. So is there any way to print the data if i am saving the acquired graph into a spreadseet and then making the printout in landscape mode, so that i can get the whole graph data printed in 5 or 6 sheets??

Regards,

Nitzy..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,735 Views)
Now I am really puzzled. You do not need Excel for this task. You can use Labview. No problem at all. I have a feeling that you are new to Labview and have missed some important functionally in labview. Post your code so perhaps we can give some advices.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,732 Views)

hi,

You are correct, I am new to labview.. Trying to learn it well from the past 3 months... I have uploaded the vi which i am using to acquire the signals. In this i need to get the printout of all the three graphs displayed..You just have a look and tell me if there is any hope without a stripchart printer.. I mean using a standard printer..

Regards,

Nitzy..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,728 Views)
Where's the report functions that you said you tried? You could combine the three separate case statements into one and use the report functions to append all three graphs to a report (like with Append Control Image to Report) and then print it.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,713 Views)