LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pid system

Hi guys I'm working on an experiment where I'm utilizing Labview to control pressure. I'm using the NIUSB 6008 to run LabView. I'm asking for help in a few areas just to get a better understanding of what direction I want to go with the pressure controller. I've seen the PID stuff and was wondering if he simple PID demo from LabView found here http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2382 would work in controlling pressure or if I have o create my own, and if anyone can help point me in the right direction. I've looked at a few things but nothing very helpful has shown up. I just need to be able to increase the pressure by a set amount and hold for a few seconds. I looked at a ramp pattern but didn't know how to get it done. Thank in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,442 Views)

You need to modify this example to use DAQmx. However, it'll work or not it depends on whether you put PID correctly, and it's trial and error process unless you use PID autotune which comes with control module (additional pay). Seem like your program needs to run on different states (ramp up, stable pressure...). Hence, try learning state machine which could be found a lot of tutorial by searching "state machine" keyword on ni.com.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,436 Views)

Ok if I have the PId and Fuzzy logic toolkit is there a certain PID I can use that will accomplish the task?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,432 Views)

Yep, and included examples as well.

Message 4 of 5
(2,427 Views)

Great! Thank You very much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,423 Views)