From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power point report using LabVIEW

Hai,
i am trying to generate some kind of reports in power point tthrough labview.
I have been searching in the net. i don't get the complete details like creating new slide , editing it and so on. Rather i could get details only for running the slide show.

i have tried with activex vis automation open.vi with the reference as MS- power point documnet window, slides ,etc.

that vi throws "not creatable object" for almost all reference except power point application reference.

Has anyone done this kind work with labview.

If anyone has idea about this please tell me how to do this.

Thanks,
sathish
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,922 Views)
Hello,

I think you also sent an email.  I'll post some information for the masses as well:

The following is a very useful msdn.com document - a useful place to find information about microsoft products such as powerpoint.

For adding a slide, see the quoted text in that document and corresponding example which starts "The following example adds a slide to the beginning of Sample Presentation."

Remember, the ActiveX API exposed by Powerpoint (or any other application with an ActiveX Server) is entirely independent of LabVIEW, so even a text based example suffices to elucidate the necessary calls to the API.  It turns out that with a "presentation" reference we can get a "slides" reference using a property node, and then get to the "add" method using an invoke node.  The attached screenshot (also shown below) shows how to expose this method in LabVIEW.

Thank you,

Message Edited by JLS on 06-30-2006 05:18 PM

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
Message 2 of 3
(3,898 Views)

This post was helpful. Here is what I got working using LV 2016 and MS Office 2016. The only way I could get it to work was to create a template with one blank slide and use that to add slides. I then delete slide 1, which is the blank slide.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,771 Views)