From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting an event from shared object (so, LabVIEW RT, Linux, cRio)

Solved!
Go to solution

Any way to do such a thing on a RIO Realtime Target? Posting Events to a LabVIEW Event Structure From a Dll  

It decribes how to post an event from a windows dll. It feels like I'm missing some headers ("excode.h"?) on the RT Target.

In the end I want my shared object to notify the Labview code about an event and maybe pass some values, but that's not mandatory since we can get them by a getter().

And yes as a workaround, I will implement a polling mechanism, since timing constrainst are not so hard (few miliseconds)

Any help appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,776 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author martiin

extcode.h is located in your cintools directory inside your LabVIEW installation. You just need to copy it somewhere so your C toolchain can reference it. Depending on the toolchain you use you either have to add the folder to the include directories in your project settings (Eclipse cross compilation) or add it as an -I argument to the gcc command from your makefile (local compilation on your RT target with installed development tools).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 3
(1,746 Views)

nice! Copy, include and it just works like in the provided Windows example.

Thank you for that one!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,739 Views)