From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon input from user through front panel in runtime

Hello!

I am trying to find a way to take a polygon as an input from the front panel. There are two parts to the problem, first is to take the 'hand-drawn' image from the user through the front panel and second is to convert it in a polygon. How can i do the first? I can't find any option in the graph/2Dpicture properties. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(802 Views)

Hi Robin,

@Robin_507 wrote:

I am trying to find a way to take a polygon as an input from the front panel. There are two parts to the problem, first is to take the 'hand-drawn' image from the user through the front panel and second is to convert it in a polygon. How can i do the first? I can't find any option in the graph/2Dpicture properties. 

What have you tried so far? Where are you stuck?

When it is about graphs:

• They support cursors so you could use a cursor to have a user move and set it. You can read cursor properties all the time…
  • You can always use an event structure to handle mouse movements/button actions for a certain control like a graph…

When it is about basic frontpanels: use the event structure to handle mouse movement/button events…

In the end you should know the coordinates of interest: what is the your problem to create a polygon from coordinates?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(771 Views)

Here is an ancient example using an XY graph and cursors.  You click in the graph to add a new point and can drag the existing points around.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-select-a-set-of-points-in-a-xy-graph-contained-in-an-area/m-...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(738 Views)