LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling Instrument Around System Exec

Hi All,

I have a situation in which I am sending commands through cmd.exe to a DUT.  I need to poll a power supply's measurement function to see if the commands are affecting power consumption.  The requirement is to poll the power supply until the DUT's special state finishes, in which System Exec should finish executing.

I have created a timing unstable with possible race condition sample as follows:

Monitor.png

I am essentially software triggering a stop from the error node of System Exec, since it must output something when it finishes running.

Constrained to my limited hw setup (without a DAQ), what would be the better approach to accomplishing this task?

Best Regards,

mwc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,857 Views)

Hi,

Looking at this problem, basically what it boils down to is stopping two parallel while loops, the top being inside the system exec VI. 

How you've got it set up will work, and I think is a fine solution to the problem.

Here's a link on all of the options that you can use to stop parallel while loops https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LmXSAU&l=en-US.

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,813 Views)