LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting graph in LabVIEW from MySQL data table

Is there any possibility to plot the data from MySQL data table in LabVIEW graph/chart??

can somebody help me??

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,669 Views)

Hi,

What is the problem?

- fetching data from MySQL?

- putting fetched data is a graph

- or both?

LabSQL is a great toolkit to fetch data from your database, from there on it should be fairly easy to put it in a graph

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,570 Views)

Checkout this example:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4932

It uses Ni's own database toolkit.  Which is kind of overpriced (LabSQL is free).  But maybe you already have the toolkit, depending on which version of LV you purchased.

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,567 Views)

hi ABCProgram,

thanks for your response.

my plan is to plot real time graph from MySQL database.

I don't have any problem to write data to mySQL. In mySQL database table, I've created 2 column datatable where first column is for real time and second column is for data.

After that I want to fetch the data and plot to the graph in LabVIEW. The problem is when I try to fetch and plot the data from mySQL, the graph was empty.

Is there any great example or method that I can follow?? 

thanks again....(sorry for my bad english) 😃

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,525 Views)

I am new with LabVIEW and I am also with the same problem.

No problems to write data into MySQL, but when trying to read data neither "fetch element data" or "get properties" answer !

It is not possible to get a simple recordcount using the "get properties".  The same script give the right answers with MS Access, only changing the DB reference from "connection string" to a "UDL".  Does somebody can post an example retriving data (that runs ok even with a WHERE clause in the recordset) using MySQL ?

The connection string I am using is:

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=127.0.0.1;Database=DBname;User=root;Password=xxx;Option=785;

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,339 Views)