From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting acquired data in Labview.

I have written a .vi to stream data from 12 sensors to a PC near our test stand.  The data is streamed "real-time" at approximately 2 Hz.  We perform some operations on our test stand and then take a reading by pressing a button on the front panel.  When the reading is taken it is currently built into a tabular format on the front panel. 

After this data point has been "captured" I would like to plot (x vs y) in a series of plots.  After I capture each data point I would like the plots to automatically update with the new data point.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this?

Is there a way to have the plots on different "tabs" so I can select the tab of the plot that I would like to monitor.  I have attached the .vi.

Thanks.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,294 Views)

Umm. you missed the attachment.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,292 Views)

From what I heard, is it possible to just record the data on acquisition and save it to a lvm and read it out the afterwards from there, not your table?

Lv 7.0 Sudent Edt. Mac OsX 10.6.8/10.7.2 Windows XP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,289 Views)

Sorry.  I forgot the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,286 Views)

RE: From what I heard, is it possible to just record the data on acquisition and save it to a lvm and read it out the afterwards from there, not your table?

Yes, you can save the data into an lvm file using "Save to ASCII/LVM Express VI" (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372416B-01/sndvibtk/save_to_ascii_lvm/) and then read from it (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/1773).

Palette: Load/Save Signals Express VIs
Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,260 Views)