LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting XY graph with two values and time

Then stop using that one.

Use Spreadsheet string to Array with comma as the delimiter.  Use a For Loop to iterate over each row of the 2-D array.  Now inside that For Loop, you have a 1-D array that is one line, and each item is an element between the commas.  Use Index Array to break apart that 1-D array into individual elements.  Convert each item of that array to strings or numerics or whatever as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 55
(459 Views)

Iv'e been using a template which altenbach posted, which is using a scan from string function. I thought this was the best option.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 55
(458 Views)

It probably was the best option the way your problem was first described.   But now you have a different, more complicated data structure as Altenbach said in message #33.  It may be possible to come up with a scan from string that will work.  Or the best option now might be to approach the problem from a different angle.

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 55
(449 Views)

I agree. you might just want to read it as a 2D array of strings using "read from spreadsheet file" then loop over each row, indexing out the relevant elements.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 55
(446 Views)

Could you please post an example of this?

I tried finishing the scan from string version, the VI below is how far I got with it. I get 'error 1' when I try to run it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 55
(435 Views)