LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting 2 arrays

Altenbach,

I started a new thread on this question but the reply I got wasn't very useful. I coudn't find the example the responder refered me to. In any case, I'm having trouble writing the code for a problem on the labview exercise below.  I've tried several ways to build the seemingly easier first VI but I end up with error messages each time. Here is the problem as stated below:

Problem 4
Build a VI that has two inputs, Threshold and Input Array, and one output, Output Array. Output Array contains values from Input Array that are greater than Threshold.
Save the VI as Array Over Threshold.vi in the C:\Exercises\LabVIEW Basics I directory.
Create another VI that generates an array of random numbers between 0 and 1 and uses the Array Over Threshold VI to output an array with the values greater than 0.5.
Save the VI as Using Array Over Threshold.vi in the C:\Exercises\LabVIEW Basics I directory.

To be more specific, how do you write the code that allows only array values that are greater than the threshold value?. I used the "greater than" comparison function but it wasn't working. Do you have any suggestions on what could be done?

My understanding was that I'd have to build the two VIs and then use the first VI as a sub VI in the second. I find it quite frustrating that I can't get past even the first VI.  I'd like any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 52
(370 Views)

Look again. There aren't that many to search through and you have the information box that tells you what each VI does. And if you didn't find it, then you should have responded in that thread.

I'll point you right to the example - Fundamentals>Arrays and Clusters>Separate Array Values. You will have to make some slight modifications.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 52
(371 Views)