LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot editor in LabVIEW.

Hello,

In MATLAB there is an option to save the plot as *.png or other formats and also somethink like *.fig. Later when the user wants to check the plot he can load the *.fig file into the figure editor and can be edited which makes easy for the user to recheck the data.

Is there any such functionality or driver or application even in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,562 Views)

Hey,

Right click on  a Chart/graph/Plot and select export

Regards,

CMW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,557 Views)

@ CMW: I am aware of this export option but it is used  for saving data in excel, as a graphics(*.png,*.bmp*.eps,...). This was not my question.  Even if you save the data in excel you still to write another program to import the data and plot. if you compare the option with matlab  first you plot the data and then save as *.fig. Later some time later may be after 100 years or so.... if you open *.fig file you can even recolor, change the label of the x and y axis and so on... Is labview has such a compatability??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,534 Views)

As far as I know, there is no such feature to import a picture into a graph. and modify the data.

Regards,

CMW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,519 Views)
As I understand it, the fig file is s proprietary matlab format. If you export the data to excel, you can manipulate the data with excel. I don't know why you want to export it to something else.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,489 Views)

You could easily write your own bit of code to do this. Grab the relevant graph parameters via property node, cluster it along with plot data, flatten it to string and write it to file.  When you want to load it later just do all of that in reverse.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,482 Views)