From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please disregard.

A test.  Please ignore.

Message 1 of 11
(3,278 Views)

ok

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2 of 11
(3,264 Views)

@Ravens Fan wrote:

A test.  Please ignore.

Test of what? community curiosity? our ability to resist a straight line? humor content in the replies? (<< note>> I never got good maks for "Follows instructions" in grade school) Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,252 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

@Ravens Fan wrote:

A test.  Please ignore.

Test of what? community curiosity? our ability to resist a straight line? humor content in the replies? (<< note>> I never got good maks for "Follows instructions" in grade school) Smiley Very Happy

Fishing for kudos I guessSmiley Very Happy Well this thread will not get any kudos from me.............And if so Please ignore.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,245 Views)

I gave kudos. Just to make a point here. Not quite sure what that point is, but I've made it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,234 Views)

The results can be found here.

(3,224 Views)

I do appreciate the kudos.

It was related to this message thread that didn't belong in the Feedback board.  It looks like there is a problem with certain boards not being accessible by way of the dropdown menu when trying to post a new message.  And there have been several messages winding up improperly in the Feedback board the last couple days.  More than you usually see.

So I was trying to post a new message in the French forum and go through the process of the search before posting.  I rarely create new messages, and when I do, it is generally in a few of the more popular boards  (LabVIEW, Breakpoint, Idea Exchange), not ones being bothered by this dropdown menu/dialog box problem.  I've also never ever used that dropdown before.

So my test was, go to the French board, try to post a new message (this test one), allow it to search, then say go ahead and post the message.  Well for some reason, the message wound up in this LabVIEW board when it shouldn't have.  (I know there has been some discussion in the past about messages not showing up in the boards that they should be.)  The dropdown list (which I did not touch) showed LabVIEW rather than the French message about LabVIEW and NI products.

So in order to have gotten it to the French board, I would have had to use the dropdown, and picked the French board, which you really can't do because the dropdown list and "More..." dialog box isn't functioning correctly.  Plus, it shouldn't be necessary to do that since I was originating my message from the French board that lists all the threads.  So I do understand how some messages can be getting into the wrong board.  Yet I don't understand how people are able to start new messages in those boards without an issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,192 Views)

That might explain why so many messages in different languages appear in the English board...

-- interesting --

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,136 Views)

That might explain why so many messages in different languages appear in the English board...

-- interesting --

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,134 Views)

I think that explains a lot of off topic or wrong language messages during that period of time.

But I still think there are a lot of people posting in a foreign language who just don't realize there is a board already dedicated to their language that they should be posting in.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,122 Views)