From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - StdType.picture - i need this object passed to an activeX control !

Solved!
Go to solution

hi, i'm using an activeX control that has a property that needs a picture.

the problem that it is not a path to a picture.

it is StdType.picture refference.

i searched the internet for answers but couldn't find.

please help.

guy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,276 Views)

Hi hookso,

Is it possible for you to clarify more on the application of the VI so I have more of an understanding of the problem you are having? It could be helpful to show a snippet of your code so I can visually see what you are asking. Also, which ActiveX controller are you trying to use?

Regards,

Tommy G.
Product Manager - Search
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,249 Views)

I can't attach the VI nor picture of the block diagram because i work on a closed private network !

we bought in our company a moving map activeX several years ago from GMS (www.globalmajic.com).

our programmers worked with it on visual studio platform with no problem.

Now i'm trying to use it in labview.

when i select a property node named "Map picture" in order to insert an image of a map, - it requests an object named StdType.picture.

I know it is somehow related to OLE automation but i don't understand nothing of it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,236 Views)

Hi hookso,

I’m not sure exactly what file type you are going to need to go into the property node but, we can give this a shot to see if it works. If you have the specific image you need to input into the property node, you can place that image into an ActiveX container and see if that reference will wire to the property node.

You can do this by placing an ActiveX container on the front panel. Right clicking on the ActiveX container and selecting Insert ActiveX object… and then select create object from file. From there, select the picture you need to input into the property node. Now with the picture in the ActiveX container, go to the block diagram and try to wire that ActiveX reference into the property node.

Regards,

Tommy G.
Product Manager - Search
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hookso

Problem Solved !

Just look at that Post : "How can I load a picture and use it in ActiveX in run time ??"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,214 Views)