LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing Image in Front Panel

I encounter a problem when I place an image into my Front Panel via xwindows dump.

The problem is: the picture pastes great. BUT, I want to put it against the very left and top bound of the window, and still keep my scroll bars. But whenever I move the picture to the left or top, the Scroll Bars keep moving to - making it impossible to have scroll bars & line up my picture and the top left corner.

Any suggestions?
thanks
Phil
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,438 Views)
Try this. Hold down Ctrl + Shift, then with your mouse click down on the front panel and hold. Now you can use the mouse to move around the front panel. You can use this to reposition the image.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,418 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion. I have not had trouble moving image around the panel.

The problem is when I move the image, say to the leftmost boundary and place it there, then the window seems to expand, so that there is always some slack in the scroll bar.

thanks
Phil
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,415 Views)
Before move pic:
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,415 Views)
LabVIEW will always create additional front panel space when you move a control to the corner. So, you cannot use the built in scroll bars to do what you want. There are a couple of options. You could place the image in a picture control and use it's scroll bars with the LabVIEW front panel scroll bars turned off. The other option is to use ActiveX scroll bars and again, turn off the front panel scroll bars. Are you planning on have controls and indicators located above the image? If that's the case, you can move them horizonatally and vertically with a property node.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,403 Views)