cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture display without covering the circle behind

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

I'm having a great difficulty to display a picture without covering the 'circle' behind. I have a circle at the center of the monitor. The circle is draw by draw circle .vi. After certain time, a picture is displayed at the center. But the circle behind is required still to be shown. I used the .jpg read, etc... to display the picture. When the picture is on, however, it covers up the 'circle'. I can't accomplish this by re-drawing the circle on top of the picture due to timing sensitivity issue of this research. Could you please provide suggestions? Thank you so much!

Yonghe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author a2h

How about two picture indicators?  One on top that contains the circle but otherwise has a transparent background.

The picture indicator that you are drawing your other picture into goes to the back in your Z order of the front panel controls.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,308 Views)

How about a picture (screenshot) of what you currently have, and (if possible) what you would like it to be.  JPEGs do not support transparency, is it the edges that are covering the circle?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,300 Views)

RavensFan,

Thank you for the quick reply. Your suggestion led me to a solution by following this link:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Overlapping-transparent-picture-indicators/td-p/432398

Thank you again,

Yonghe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,273 Views)

Great.  I'm glad I was able to help you get to a solution.  And good work doing the search on the forums to find some threads that helped you implement.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,261 Views)