LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase of aquisition

Hi Arthur,

i dont understand what you mean with "This module does NOT support a sample rate of 10S/s".

I have seen many mechanics experiments for quasi-static tests measuring the force by a load cell. They operate nearly 0,1 Hz.

Don't mix "sample rate" with "main frequency in the signal"!

Your DAQ hardware only supports several sample rates - you have to choose one of them.

Your signal may/will contain lots of other frequency parts, and you can read them all as long as you obey Nyquist…

dont realy understand also this samples to read and rate once i am useing continous samples for aquisition.

Then you should read books and the LabVIEW help…

(Or ask specific questions. There are also other threads about the relation of "sample rate", "samples to read" and "time of acquisition"!)

When i increase the value of samples to read and rate i just cant measure the whole time of experiment because i get overflow on buffer.

This is probably influenced by your overuse of ExpressVIs.

Keep in mind: any experienced LabVIEW programmer will tell you NOT to use ExpressVIs! (Well, there are one or two ExpressVIs to be recommended, but you don't use any of them in your VI.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(264 Views)

I was reading the data sheet of bouth NI 9237 and NI 9220.

I could see I have two different rates of acquisition (50KS / s and 100KS / s respectively).

So should i tune my labview acquisition mode to witch one of those? I mean, setting samples to read and rate? 500 x 100? 1000 x 100?

Another doubt,

Looking at NI websites i found this link that i suppose is about the problem i am passing through:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4105/en/

it shows one way to aling the signals but not a tutorial to how can i access box illustrated in picture 6.

Thanks again for all help,

Arthur.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(245 Views)

Any one can help me ???

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(232 Views)