LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perforce Integration Headaches

Hi all,

This is a cross post from LAVA.

I have recently installed Perforce on our server (P42008.2) and Perforce Client (P4V/NTX86/2008.2/188141) on our developers PCs (WinXP SP3, LV Full Dev Suite).
I then configured LabVIEW SCC, telling it to use Perforce Command Line and told LabVIEW where to find the server etc. I then moved an existing LabVIEW Project to my workspace folder and opend it in LV, right clicked on the top level VI and selected "Add to Source Control...". A window popped up showing me all the dependencies of the top level VI and clicking OK displayed a window telling me that each file had been added to the depot as " - opened for add". I click OK and LabVIEW does not indicate the files are in SCC.
I then switch to the P4V client window and submit the changelist (adding the VI and it's dependants to Perforce). I repeat this process for the .lvproj file and voila!, the project is in Perforce. Back in LabVIEW however there is no indication the project has been added to SCC (no check in/check out glyphs on project icons) and when I right click on the project, I only have the option to "Add to Source Control..." again????. Of course trying to add the project to SCC again thows up erros about existing files etc.

What am I doing wrong??

PS I have tried this with LabVIEW 8.5.1 and 8.6.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,982 Views)
Message 2 of 3
(2,952 Views)

I realize this thread is over a year and a half old, but I just ran into a similar problem and wanted to post the solution that worked for me in case anyone else has a similar issue.  In my Perforce client specification, the root path was defined as C/Projects/...  Perforce will accept the forward-slash (/) and work correctly, but apparently LabVIEW will not.  After changing the path to C:\Projects\... it works properly.

Message 3 of 3
(2,642 Views)