LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing execution of a VI

Hello I have a question regarding waveform chart that is generated with the time stamp on the x axis, the time stamp is in Hours:Minutes:Seconds format, assume the graph is flowing on an x axis range of 12 seconds. If the VI started running at time stamp 10:00:00am and the waveform started showing data from this time to time 10:00:05 and then the VI was paused "the acquisition will be paused at the 5 seconds mark" after that the VI was resumed after a 1 minute wait ,will the waveform x axis show a new time stamp or will it resume from the 10:00:05 till the end of the range as normal i.e will it continue from 10:00:05 or 10:01:05
i hope you understood my question
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,112 Views)

If youve set the x-axis range for 12 seconds it should show a new time stamp because the first time stamp is more than 12 seconds prior to the second.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,106 Views)
Thank you Matt
So the pause time affects the time stamp on the x axis?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,091 Views)

It would help a lot if you posted code, but if youre getting the time stamp 1 minute later and the x-axis is time then yes the time samp will be 1 minute post your first data point.  If youre x-axis is only 12 seconds it cant plot both points.  It will update with the latest point.

-Matt
Message 4 of 8
(4,088 Views)
Unfortunately I dont currently have the VI. But you got what i mean i think. So the timestamp changes even when the time elapsed is in during a pause?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,051 Views)

Hi Hamed,

it's quite easy:

- When you use the current time for building a waveform the vhart will use/display this time regardless of any "pause" feature you might use.

- When you want to keep your own "measurement time" for display you need to "keep it on your own"! Keep the "measurement time" in a shift register and update it depending on samplerate and run/pause mode…

- When you want to display arbitrary XY data you should look for a XY graph instead of a waveform chart…

Again: Post your VI to have us check your options!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 8
(4,044 Views)
Thanks a lot GerdW
The pause is done using the hard button on top of the VI and not anything coded.
I was just asking because i havent created the VI yet
The thing I know Sir is that the time which is hours min seconds on the x axis is a fixed sampling interval which is 12 secs in this case. And also the time displayed is not the real time. So i mean when the VI is paused acquistion is paused and should continue from the time its paused at regardless of the pause time
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,039 Views)
What i meant is the timr shown is the acquisition time even if its displayed in the original time stamp
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,037 Views)