From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing strict type def control as refnum to subVI

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to modify various properties of a strict type def control (cluster) in a subVI.  For example, I might want to change colors or the blinking property and have the change take effect on the top-level VI.  My first thought was to pass a control refnum to the subVI.  When I created the front panel for the subVI, I could not find a way to set the type of the control refnum.  When I right-click and choose "Select VI Server Class" I select Generic>GObject>Control>RefNum>TypedRefNum.  I don't know how to define the specific type def so that I don't get a class conflict.

Is there a better way to do this kind of thing?  If not, then what is the proper way to assign the type def of a control refnum?

Thanks, Mark 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,612 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark_Ireton
Try putting a generic control refnum on your front panel and then dragging a copy of your typedef onto it. viola'!
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2 of 3
(3,605 Views)
Or, right click on your targeted object then select Create reference => you copy the refnum in your SubVI and you link it to the invoke or property node.
Message Edité par J.DECHET le 02-01-2010 06:24 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,591 Views)