LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass entire list of XY graph properties from Main vi to Subvi XY Graph

Hello Everyone,

I have an XY graph in my main vi that allows users to review data.  They have control over how they want to display the data on this graph(scale,color,line style, etc).  I have a subvi that excepts and array of XY graph plots (multi-plot) and prints the graph as the user has set it up.  As of right now I am passing only certain properties from the main XY graph to the subvi XY graph using property nodes.  Using this method only the important items are being passed (scale, flipped, xy scale name label) mainly because I have been to lazy to sit down and make a cluster containing all the property values.  I have to beleive that there is a way for me to pass a reference from the main XY graph to the subvi XY graph that will set all the properties in the Subvi graph to the same settings that the Main XY graph has.

Thank you in advance,
Steve
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,072 Views)

I think you want to pass a reference of the XY graph to the subvi. Not the actual property node values.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/68d318643afa3ca086256928006c64a4

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,063 Views)
Passing a reference to the subvi seems to be half of the solution that I am looking for.  This allows me full access to all propertys of the main graph.  The problem is that once I am inside the subvi I still have to select what properties I want to pass to the subvi graph. (see attached image).  My goal is to pass the reference to the subvi and then have every property of the main graph be assinged to every property of the subvi graph.  This way no matter what the user changes on the main graph (line style, width, color, scales, precision, etc) the subvi graph will reflect this.  With the method displayed in the image I have to manually select the properties that I think will most likely be edited.  And if I miss one the user will not get an exact match of the main graph.  I am hoping there is a way to do this, if not then I will just have to sit down and pass all the property values from the reference to the subvi graph but this seems like the hard way of doing it. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,052 Views)
Only thing I could come up with is to pass the reference to the subvi, then create an invoke node inside the subvi and get the image of the Main vi XY graph. Then send this image to a picture indicator in the subvi. Then use a property node from the reference to get the height and width of the MainXY graph and wire this to a property node for the picture indicator.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,042 Views)
Hi, Steve

I once had the same problem as yours. However, it seems that NI does not provide a method to accomplish this. The only way is to pass the property one by one. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,027 Views)

Thank you everyone one for your quick responses.  I will try the image method and see if I get the results that I am hoping for.  NI needs to include and all elements cluster in teh property node selection that way all properties can easily be passed. 

Thanks again eveyone.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,010 Views)