LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Archive of Citadel Database with NI-Max

I am using LabVIEW 2017 and the associated DSC add-on.  I have a huge database containing hundreds of different variables (traces).  I would like to reduce the size of this database by doing a "partial archive" of the earlier data to a new database, but keeping more recent data (e.g. since the beginning of the year).  This is supposed to be possible using the historical data viewer in NI-Max.  Here is a web page that says it's possible: https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/06/archiving-options-for-citadel-histori... where the following window is shown allowing one to specify a time range for the archive and to select "Destroy source data after it has been archived".

samcat_0-1629929863739.png

But I can find no way to make this window appear.  The archive action for a database always wants to archive the entire database.  I could do that, but then there is no way to delete a time range of data from the original database.  The delete action deletes the whole database.  It looks like I could write a labVIEW program to perform this function, but if it's already somewhere in NI-Max, I'd rather avoid that work.  So my question is: is it possible to do a partial archive with the 2017 version of NI-Max?  Or has this functionality been removed, and, if so, why?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(687 Views)