LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters list

Hi,

For my new software, I need to store parameters.  I would like to be able to update them in my software.   I have a lots of parameters, so I would like to group them and display them by group ( the right part would change when you select another Parameter group).  I saw this in C# and I was wondering what was the best way to do in in labview.  My parameters a usually stored in ini or XML files.  I thought of using a Tab but I cannot save it as a control.

thanks for your help.

Parameters group list.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,124 Views)

You could certainly have all your controls in that one area, and set the visibility of the controls with a True or False depending on what group you want to show.

I would use a tab control myself.  You and hide the page selectors if you want to.  I don't understant what you mean by your comment that you can't save a "tab as a control".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,110 Views)

Make the right side a tab-control and have it change tab when you select something from the left side. Easy. 😉

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,104 Views)

I just understand what I was doing wrong.  I was trying to put a tab in a cluster.  That's why it wasn't working.

If I use ini files,  I can update only a section of it right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,093 Views)