LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters into Call Library Function Node not being passed

I am trying to configure an instrument using IVI Instrument drivers. In the first vi that does this, the instrument (a sig gen) is being set correctly to the desired frequency and power. In a second vi I try to change the frequency and power, the sig gen does not change.

If I run the second vi stand-alone with the original settings, again there is no change. But if I change the value of frequency or power by any amount, that parameter is now set properly on the sig gen.

When I look at the IVI vi, I can see that the parameters I send in are getting to the Call Library Function Node.

Any idea what the problem is.

Thanks.

p.s., Are there instructions on how to paste a picture or link to a vi into my post. This question would have been a lot easier and clearer to ask.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,036 Views)

Hi cgantz,

While it sounds, possibly, like a "state-caching"-related bug in the IVI driver, it certainly would be good to have a look at your code. Smiley Wink  Look a the bottom-left area of the "Message Body" when replying - there's an "Attachment" tool for this purpose!

Cheers.

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,029 Views)