From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Actors work in Dev but not in Runtime (Subpanel)

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using MGI's Panel Actor. I have an application in which a nested actor launches other nested actors one at a time and inserts them into a subpanel. This works great in dev mode. I have the "Launched Nested" set to Autoshow = T. When I run it in an EXE the panel actors won't display in the subpanel. I thought maybe the autoshow was the problem so I added a message to the nest panel to "Send Show Msg" and it still didn't work. Any ideas on what could be causing these to fail to show in the EXE? The root panel actor and its nested panel start up and display but then when that nested panel tries to launch its own nested panels and display them in its subpanel that's the part that isn't working in the EXE but is in Dev mode.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,135 Views)

This sounds just like an issue I had... I know it sounds odd but try adding a property node for any control on your nested front panel. In my case, the front panel was getting stripped in the build process and there wasn't anything to show when I tried to show the front panel.

Add something simple like reading the Visible? property of a control or something. Any property node on the block diagram will prevent it from getting stripped. Also, did you get an error when you tried to open the panel? I was getting an error that I eventually found was thrown by Window.lvclass:Initialize UI Core at the invoke node for FP.Open.

Message 2 of 4
(1,126 Views)

Thanks so much for your response. I tried adding property node read and that didn't work. Put a simple error handler after the "Call Parent Method" for the actor core and nothing popped up. Tried including the nested actor and a bunch of other stuff under "always include" in the build spec and none of these things have worked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,110 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Be-lock-eh

Ok its working! A little but important piece of information I forgot is I was dynamically launching the nested panel using "Get LV Class Default Value By Name.vi" and so it wasn't getting included in the build. Added a copy of the object of the nested panel to the launching VI and it worked. I also had not implemented the error handling yet because I was farming it out to another developer but wanted to get the build running and in the process of farming that error handling it the code to display and log it was not in place so I was missing the error occurring when it was trying to launch the nested actor. 

Thanks for your help I greatly appreciate it

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,102 Views)