Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 5660 memory problem

Used equipment:
LV 2009f3
PXI-5660
Spectral measurement toolkit 2.4

Hi

I have a PXI 5660 Spectrum analyzer up and running. I have created a custom test step to be used in TestStand based on the “ni5660_zerospan_example.llb "http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4567"

However, creating the step unveiled a memory leak. For each cycle (Init, configure, measure and close) the memory consumption raises by approx 2.5 Mb.  This memory is released when execution stops but only in developer environment, not run-time.This means that my system runs out of memory after approx 150 - 170 tests and has to be restarted.

I have traced the problem back to the above mentioned example.

Attached are screenshots of the original vi and the modified vi to illustrate the functionality I need.

Allso I have tried to use Desktop execution trace toolkit and it discovers some memory leaks but I haven’t been able to figure out why (See attached screenshot).

Desktop execution trace toolkit details says:
Event Details: VI : 0xB7C0002F
Call Chain: ni5660 Zero Span Example.vi>> ni5660 Initialize.vi:3>> MT Initialize Receiver Info(RFSA).vi:4>> mod_Set Receiver(RFSA).vi:5>> mod_IQ open for scope.vi:11>> mod_IQ open.vi:12>> mod_IQ ViRef Table.vi:19>> mod_Open IQ processor reference.vi:20
Path: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\addons\Modulation\Analog\support\IQutilities\mod_Open IQ processor reference.vi
Thread Id: 0 - cpuID: 0

Any ideas why this fills up memory? Am I doing anything wrong?

A possible workaround could be to make sure Init is only called once and same instance is used throughout the testing sequence. This is, however, not desirable as it would deviate from the design architecture of the system.

Regards,

Lars Olesen

Message Edited by LRO on 05-26-2010 06:03 AM
Message Edited by LRO on 05-26-2010 06:06 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,268 Views)