From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 4461

I am using PXI-4461 Dynamic signal acquisition and generation. I would like to have a labview driver to build my application for the same,I tried searching NI web site but its not available. Kindly let me know where its available. -MAK
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,285 Views)
HI,

Inside your board box, there's a CD called NI-DAQ - there you have the driver of your board.

Hope this helps,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,281 Views)
Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your prompt reply,When i tried to open the link its giving error. I will downloading later on.

-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,277 Views)

Hello Anil,

It's strange, it doesn't give error to me.

Do a search for "NI-DAQ Version 7.4 for Windows" in Ni's home page, you'll get there,

Paulo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,273 Views)
Hello Paulo,

I have a problem here with RT Controller and PXI-4461 DSA.
I am using PXI 18 slot chassis with LabVIEW RT 7.0. In all the 18 slots i am using 10 slots,recentely i included PXI-4461 DSA module. The problem is i am not able to see this device from NI-MAX. I contacted NI,India for the support and as they suggested to upgrade my NI-DAQ 7.0 to NI-DAQ 7.4. Even after upgrading my NI-DAQ to 7.4 i am able to see this device from MAX whereas i am able to see all other devices present in my PXI-Chassis.

I am not able locate what exactly the problem is....??

Request you to kindly help me out.

Thanks,
-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,265 Views)

Hello Anil,

If I understand you correctly, you have several NI boards in your PXI system and cannot detect only one of them, a PXI4461.

You upgraded you NI-DAQ to version 7.4 and even though you cannot detect the board.

It sounds like a strange behaviour.

Are you sure the board  or the PXI slot where you're not broken?

Did you test the system only with that board in?

Can you test the board in another chassis?

What OS do you have on the system? Do you see the board on windows device manager? (if windows OS). Are there any resources conflict?

Sorry for all the questions, but it seems like a odd behaviour, so the first think to understand is what is causing this behaviour.

Paulo.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,262 Views)
Hi Paulo,

Yes u have understood my problem correctly.
I have tested the same board in another chassis, there it is detecting and working fine. But when i shift that board to my PXI Real Time Controller i am not able to see that.

As i can not see this device in Device mangager because its a head less system. From my host pc i am going to MAX->Tools->Traditional NI DAQ Configuration->Remote DAQ configuration, by using this option i am able to see that. For your better understanding i am attaching the snap.

Is NI-DAQ 7.0 could be the reason ??? Does upgrading NI-DAQ 7.0 to 7.4 should slove the problem.

-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,261 Views)
Hello Paulo,

Is any other information that you need from me as to better understand the problem i am facing ??

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks,

-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,252 Views)

Hi Anil Naidu,

Going by your attached picture, you have a Traditional Ni-DAQ system. According to this <a href="http://www.ni.com/support/daq/versions_pci_pxi.htm">link</a>
, the PXI-4461 is not supported by Traditional NI-DAQ. You will need to upgrade your DAQ drivers to DAQmx, which would have been included in the Driver CD when you purchased your card.

Or you can find and download the latest drivers here: http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/90B60D5899BCCCDB86256FC700581B89?opendocument&node=13206...

hope this helps

Message Edited by DavidT on 07-12-2005 05:58 PM

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,249 Views)
Hi DavidT,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed the latest driver i.e NI-DAQ 7.4 on my host PC and when i go to this option in MAX->Remote Systems->Software. I am not able to see DAQ mx driver, i could see only Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.

I have installed LabVIEW 7.0 on my host PC. Is it something related to this. ??

for your understanding kindly find the attached image.

Thanks,
-Anil
Anil-B'lore
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,244 Views)