LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM signal generation

Hi,

I want to generate a 10 kHz square wave with a 500 kHz modulation signal. I used a AND gate to combine these two signals. But the output only has the fundamental 10kHz signal no 500kHz modulation signal within it. I have measured the output of 500 kHz and 10kHz signal generator separately. Both of them have correct output. But once I use an AND gate to combine them. I can only get the 10kHz fundamental signal at the output. Can someone please help??

Untitled.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,080 Views)

can someone please help? Really appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,074 Views)

Hi 8D,

For PWM signal generation.

Here you can find an example:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3E9F156A4E034080020E74861&p_...

You can get some more info from the following link: http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/651

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,070 Views)

Hi Danil,

your two links both show the same outdated example...

Did you notice the OP is using the FPGA of it's RT target?

@8D:

- Your pic doesn't show any timings...

- Which hardware are you using?

- Is the DIO capable of outputting at 500kHz?

- Bumping a thread after just 2 hours on an early Monday morning is quite annoying...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,053 Views)

Hi

Thank you both for advices. Problem solved. I put the two PWM generators in 2 separate loops and then use AND gate to combine them. The resultant waveform achieves what I want,i.e. fundamental comprising the modulation signal.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,015 Views)